2021 WE'RE BACK AND IN-PERSON...!!!
Boots For Troops 5K, BOOT RUN & GORUCK -- November 13, 2021
& Veterans Day Weekend Celebration
Grab your family, friends, coworkers, Church/Sports Club, and lace-up for our Military & Veterans! The BOOTS FOR TROOPS: 5K RUCK | WALK | RUN is the perfect opportunity to show your patriotism, as well as your love and support for those who have or continue to serve in our Armed Forces. So… dig out and lace up a pair of combat boots, work boots, or running shoes and support our warriors in uniform!
Produced by and benefiting Memories of Honor. Due to the generosity of our sponsors, your race entry fee goes directly to help fund our mission and programs.
BOOT FOR TROOPS IS AN OFFICIAL GORUCK PARTNERED EVENT -- GORUCK PATCHES WILL BE GIVEN OUT TO ALL GORUCK REGISTRANTS.
Middle Tennessee's Only Charity, Military-Style, Off-Road 5K & Ruck Competition & Veterans Celebration
- Family Friendly
- Military nonprofit village & displays
- Lawn games
- Leashed dogs are welcomed
- WHEN: 11/13/2021 @ 9:00 AM
- WHERE: The Park at Harlinsdale Farm, Franklin TN
- WHY: Bring together veterans, first responders, civilians, and families of our fallen service members. This event gives us a way to say "Thank you" with our feet and literally allows everyone to put some miles in our military's boots.
- WHO: Everyone is welcome! Bring your family, Fido, and your cheering section. We will have a cheering station set up where your family and friends can make signs, grab a cowbell and a small American flag.
WHAT YOU GET
- Event t-shirt*
- Unique Finisher Award
- Fallen Hero Memorial Bib containing the name of a fallen service member.
- The opportunity to write a note of love & gratitude to the fallen hero's family and place it on our Wall of Gratitude. We will send these to the families at a later date.
- Anyone wishing to donate their medal back to the family of their fallen hero may do so. However, this is NOT mandatory. Scroll down the page to see photos of the Fallen Hero Memorial Bibs and The Wall of Gratitude.
- The mission of this event is to HONOR our nation's fallen heroes. HEAL the unseen wounds of war for both our surviving families and veterans. CONNECT surviving family members, veterans with the civilian community.
- Due to the generosity of our presenting sponsor, The Grove, and our other partners/sponsors, 100% of your registration fee is a direct donation to Memories of Honor.
- You can walk away knowing that you made a direct, lifelong, and meaningful impact on the lives of the families we serve.
EARLY PACKET PICKUP
- Friday, November 12th, 2021 at SpringHill Suites by Marriot Franklin Cool Springs - 5011 Aspen Grove Drive Franklin, TN 37067 - From 4:30 to 7:00 PM
- Packets must be picked up in person. We are unable to mail race packets to those unable to attend in person.
EVENT DAY Schedule
- 7:30 AM Packet-pick-up and Registration opens.
- 8:50 AM Announcements, Anthem
- 9:00 AM 5K start
- 10:00 AM Awards
- Top Male & Female in each division
- 14 & Under
- Boot Runner (must register under boot runner) WITH OR WITHOUT PACK & WEIGHT
Overall Male & Female 5K RUN/WALK
- 1st Place in Each Division = Framed 2021 BFT5K Poster & $40 Gift Card from Academy Sports
- 2nd Place in Each Division = $20 gift card from Academy Sports
- Fastest Overall Male & Female = $80 gift card(s) from Academy Sports and ValorBAND from Wearable Gratitude
- *Winners must be present to collect prizes/awards. We will not be able to mail prizes after the event.
Dogs and strollers are welcome: Please note that this is a cross-country course and has a 1/4 mile section of off-road trail that is NOT suitable for wheeled transportation of any kind (there is a course cut for strollers). Dogs MUST remain leashed, and owners must pick them up after bathroom breaks.
*You must register before the t-shirt cut-off date, which is 10/26/19. Anyone registering after that date will NOT be guaranteed a shirt.
INDIVIDUAL & TEAM DIVISIONS
- OPEN: Sign up to walk or run solo either in your favorite shoes
- BOOTS: Run or walk in combat boots (awards for fastest male and female in boots)
- Camaraderie Teams
- Made up of friends/family/co-workers
- All ages
- Everyone can run or walk at their own pace
- Individual team members are still eligible for age group awards. Teams do not need to start and finish together.
- Award for largest pre-registered teams (this is calculated at the close of online registration)
- Corporate Teams
- It gives companies and other associations the ability to pay for their employee's or members' entry fees.
- Teams do not need to start and finish together.
- To start/set up a Corporate | Company team, please contact us at EventsTeam@memoriesofhonor.org
GORUCK is a non-competitive division. If you would like to be competitive, please register for the 5K or BOOT RUN. We are no longer offering competitive team divisions.
Thank you! Your message was posted to Facebook.